Hot air balloon rescue in Camden County, N.J.
ERIAL, N.J. - August 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The pilot of a hot air balloon was literally out on a limb Thursday night in Erial, New Jersey.
It was around 7:20 p.m. when Gloucester Township police responded to the unit block of Del Sordo Drive.
Police say the balloon got stuck on a tree about 50 feet off the ground. However, after several minutes the pilot managed to free the craft and, with the assistance of emergency workers on the scene, land safely nearby.
She and two young passengers were unhurt.
The pilot explained that her landing was hampered by a thermo draft, which pushed the balloon into the tree.
In addition to no injuries, police say there was no property damage resulting from the incident.
new jersey news, camden county news, rescue, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 13 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 10 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- SEPTA announces strike contingency plan 30 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 31 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
13 min ago