Hot air balloon rescue in Camden County, N.J.
ERIAL, N.J. - August 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The pilot of a hot air balloon was literally out on a limb Thursday night in Erial, New Jersey.
It was around 7:20 p.m. when Gloucester Township police responded to the unit block of Del Sordo Drive.
Police say the balloon got stuck on a tree about 50 feet off the ground. However, after several minutes the pilot managed to free the craft and, with the assistance of emergency workers on the scene, land safely nearby.
She and two young passengers were unhurt.
The pilot explained that her landing was hampered by a thermo draft, which pushed the balloon into the tree.
In addition to no injuries, police say there was no property damage resulting from the incident.
new jersey news, camden county news, rescue, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 20 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar