Flames erupt inside Germantown house
GERMANTOWN - August 16, 20313 (WPVI) -- One person was hospitalized after fire broke out inside a house in Philadelphia's Germantown section early Friday.
Firefighters were dispatched just before 2:30 a.m. to the 5000 block of Tacoma Street. They arrived to find heavy fire on the first floor of a three story attached home.
The home is reportedly vacant, but attached to an occupied home.
Firefighters report from the scene that there appears to have been a squatter in the home.
One person was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of unspecified injuries.
There is no word yet on what may have sparked the blaze.
germantown, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 42 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 6 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder