Woman killed in crash on I-95 in Bensalem
BENSALEM, Pa. - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed in a crash on Interstate 95 in Bensalem on Friday.
Lorraine Deans, 60, of Philadelphia, died in the wreck involving two cars in the area of mile marker 34.
Police say Deans was in a Buick LeSabre with four other people travelling northbound when the driver made a lane change and hit a Volkswagen Passat.
After impact, the Buick hit the guardrail in the center median and rolled over several times.
Deans was ejected from the vehicle.
Police say the other people inside the Buick were seriously injured.
Those people were identified as 67-year-old Dolores Brown, 72-year-old Margaret Solomon, 71-year-old Amelia Arango and 63-year-old Lorraine Williams.
The driver of the Volkswagen was not hurt.
The highway was shut down for part of the day for the police investigation and cleanup.
bensalem, bucks county news, pennsylvania news, accident, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police respond to shooting report at Colo. school 5 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 48 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 19 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 49 min ago