Woman killed in crash on I-95 in Bensalem
BENSALEM, Pa. - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed in a crash on Interstate 95 in Bensalem on Friday.
Lorraine Deans, 60, of Philadelphia, died in the wreck involving two cars in the area of mile marker 34.
Police say Deans was in a Buick LeSabre with four other people travelling northbound when the driver made a lane change and hit a Volkswagen Passat.
After impact, the Buick hit the guardrail in the center median and rolled over several times.
Deans was ejected from the vehicle.
Police say the other people inside the Buick were seriously injured.
Those people were identified as 67-year-old Dolores Brown, 72-year-old Margaret Solomon, 71-year-old Amelia Arango and 63-year-old Lorraine Williams.
The driver of the Volkswagen was not hurt.
The highway was shut down for part of the day for the police investigation and cleanup.
bensalem, bucks county news, pennsylvania news, accident, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 39 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
1 min ago