Another arrest for pointing laser at Philadelphia police helicopter
PHILADELPHIA - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- For the second time this week, a man has been arrested for allegedly pointing a laser at a Philadelphia police helicopter.
The chopper was on routine patrol at 8:30 p.m. Thursday when it was hit with a green laser from the ground at Malta and Cayuga streets.
The light hit the officers in the eyes, police said, causing "pain and temporary loss of vision."
Officers on the ground found the suspect, 19-year-old Jose Feliciano, in the 4300 block of Malta Street.
Police say they also found the laser pointer.
Feliciano, of the 5900 block of Roosevelt Boulevard, was charged with two counts of Aggravated Assault, Causing/Risking a Catastrophe, Possessing an Instrument in Crime, Simple Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Harassment.
Feliciano could also face federal charges, police said.
On Sunday night, Luis Martinez, 20, of the 5200 block of Montour Street, was also arrested for allegedly pointing a laser at a police helicopter.
philadelphia, police, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 4 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 19 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 17 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 9 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
42 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos