Another arrest for pointing laser at Philadelphia police helicopter
PHILADELPHIA - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- For the second time this week, a man has been arrested for allegedly pointing a laser at a Philadelphia police helicopter.
The chopper was on routine patrol at 8:30 p.m. Thursday when it was hit with a green laser from the ground at Malta and Cayuga streets.
The light hit the officers in the eyes, police said, causing "pain and temporary loss of vision."
Officers on the ground found the suspect, 19-year-old Jose Feliciano, in the 4300 block of Malta Street.
Police say they also found the laser pointer.
Feliciano, of the 5900 block of Roosevelt Boulevard, was charged with two counts of Aggravated Assault, Causing/Risking a Catastrophe, Possessing an Instrument in Crime, Simple Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Harassment.
Feliciano could also face federal charges, police said.
On Sunday night, Luis Martinez, 20, of the 5200 block of Montour Street, was also arrested for allegedly pointing a laser at a police helicopter.
philadelphia, police, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 6 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 42 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
6 min ago