Another arrest for pointing laser at Philadelphia police helicopter
PHILADELPHIA - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- For the second time this week, a man has been arrested for allegedly pointing a laser at a Philadelphia police helicopter.
The chopper was on routine patrol at 8:30 p.m. Thursday when it was hit with a green laser from the ground at Malta and Cayuga streets.
The light hit the officers in the eyes, police said, causing "pain and temporary loss of vision."
Officers on the ground found the suspect, 19-year-old Jose Feliciano, in the 4300 block of Malta Street.
Police say they also found the laser pointer.
Feliciano, of the 5900 block of Roosevelt Boulevard, was charged with two counts of Aggravated Assault, Causing/Risking a Catastrophe, Possessing an Instrument in Crime, Simple Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Harassment.
Feliciano could also face federal charges, police said.
On Sunday night, Luis Martinez, 20, of the 5200 block of Montour Street, was also arrested for allegedly pointing a laser at a police helicopter.
philadelphia, police, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?