Major weekend road closures on I-95, Route 202 in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware transportation officials are reminding motorists of a major road closure in Wilmington over the weekend.
Interstate 95 north and southbound at the U.S. 202 interchange will be closed starting at 9 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday.
Traffic will be detoured as crews demolish the existing bridge ramp from northbound I-95 to northbound U.S. 202 and replace two girders on the U.S. 202 bridge over I-95. Ramps from U.S. 202 southbound onto I-95 northbound and U.S. 202 northbound onto I-95 southbound also will be closed.
Officials say lane closures will begin at 8 p.m. Friday.
DelDOT is strongly advising that all non-local through traffic use I-495 instead of I-95.
delaware news, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash