Major weekend road closures on I-95, Route 202 in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware transportation officials are reminding motorists of a major road closure in Wilmington over the weekend.
Interstate 95 north and southbound at the U.S. 202 interchange will be closed starting at 9 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday.
Traffic will be detoured as crews demolish the existing bridge ramp from northbound I-95 to northbound U.S. 202 and replace two girders on the U.S. 202 bridge over I-95. Ramps from U.S. 202 southbound onto I-95 northbound and U.S. 202 northbound onto I-95 southbound also will be closed.
Officials say lane closures will begin at 8 p.m. Friday.
DelDOT is strongly advising that all non-local through traffic use I-495 instead of I-95.
delaware news, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 23 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 56 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 21 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 49 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 6 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 30 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
56 min ago