Vacant building collapses in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the collapse of a vacant building in Northern Liberties.
It happened at 8:45 p.m. Friday near 4th and Girard Streets.
Witnesses reported hearing a large crash when part of the 3-story structure came down.
Images from the Action Cam and Chopper 6 HD showed bricks and rubble on the sidewalk and street near the building.
There were no reports of injuries.
Residents told Action News the building has been vacant - apparently abandoned - for some time, and that a back wall had come down during Hurricane Sandy.
Officials from Licenses and Inspections were on the scene investigating.
philadelphia, building collapse, northern liberties, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 34 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally