Vacant building collapses in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the collapse of a vacant building in Northern Liberties.
It happened at 8:45 p.m. Friday near 4th and Girard Streets.
Witnesses reported hearing a large crash when part of the 3-story structure came down.
Images from the Action Cam and Chopper 6 HD showed bricks and rubble on the sidewalk and street near the building.
There were no reports of injuries.
Residents told Action News the building has been vacant - apparently abandoned - for some time, and that a back wall had come down during Hurricane Sandy.
Officials from Licenses and Inspections were on the scene investigating.
philadelphia, building collapse, northern liberties, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 48 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
48 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos