Vacant building collapses in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the collapse of a vacant building in Northern Liberties.
It happened at 8:45 p.m. Friday near 4th and Girard Streets.
Witnesses reported hearing a large crash when part of the 3-story structure came down.
Images from the Action Cam and Chopper 6 HD showed bricks and rubble on the sidewalk and street near the building.
There were no reports of injuries.
Residents told Action News the building has been vacant - apparently abandoned - for some time, and that a back wall had come down during Hurricane Sandy.
Officials from Licenses and Inspections were on the scene investigating.
philadelphia, building collapse, northern liberties, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 39 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 34 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures