2 State Troopers among 3 hurt in Schuylkill Expressway crash
FAIRMOUNT PARK - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two Pennsylvania State Trooper are on the mend after a crash overnight on the Schuylkill Expressway.
The crash happened around 2:20 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-76, just past the Montgomery Drive exit.
Police say the chain of events started when a vehicle struck the State Police cruiser from behind. That collision pushed the cruiser into another vehicle before crashing into the cement barrier on the shoulder of the highway.
The two troopers and a third person were all transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment. Both troopers have since been released.
The accident remains under investigation, and so far no word on any charges.
Traffic was down to one lane during the crash for approximately an hour during the investigation.
philadelphia, fairmount park, accident, police, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 19 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 47 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos