2 State Troopers among 3 hurt in Schuylkill Expressway crash
FAIRMOUNT PARK - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two Pennsylvania State Trooper are on the mend after a crash overnight on the Schuylkill Expressway.
The crash happened around 2:20 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-76, just past the Montgomery Drive exit.
Police say the chain of events started when a vehicle struck the State Police cruiser from behind. That collision pushed the cruiser into another vehicle before crashing into the cement barrier on the shoulder of the highway.
The two troopers and a third person were all transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment. Both troopers have since been released.
The accident remains under investigation, and so far no word on any charges.
Traffic was down to one lane during the crash for approximately an hour during the investigation.
philadelphia, fairmount park, accident, police, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases