Fire damages 2 houses in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Chester, Delaware County had their hands full early Saturday morning battling a 2-alarm fire.
Crews were called out to the 500 block of East 10th Street around 5:19 a.m. after getting several 9-1-1 calls reporting a house on fire.
Firefighters soon discovered a twin home on fire and quickly went to work battling the intense flames. However, water pressure problems caused firefighters to strike a 2nd alarm as the flames threatened neighboring homes.
Crews managed to get the fire under control. It was later learned both homes damaged by the fire were vacant.
There are no reported injuries and no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
chester, delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed