Fire damages 2 houses in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Chester, Delaware County had their hands full early Saturday morning battling a 2-alarm fire.
Crews were called out to the 500 block of East 10th Street around 5:19 a.m. after getting several 9-1-1 calls reporting a house on fire.
Firefighters soon discovered a twin home on fire and quickly went to work battling the intense flames. However, water pressure problems caused firefighters to strike a 2nd alarm as the flames threatened neighboring homes.
Crews managed to get the fire under control. It was later learned both homes damaged by the fire were vacant.
There are no reported injuries and no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
chester, delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 29 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 4 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 51 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 25 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
29 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
4 min ago