Fire damages 2 houses in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Chester, Delaware County had their hands full early Saturday morning battling a 2-alarm fire.
Crews were called out to the 500 block of East 10th Street around 5:19 a.m. after getting several 9-1-1 calls reporting a house on fire.
Firefighters soon discovered a twin home on fire and quickly went to work battling the intense flames. However, water pressure problems caused firefighters to strike a 2nd alarm as the flames threatened neighboring homes.
Crews managed to get the fire under control. It was later learned both homes damaged by the fire were vacant.
There are no reported injuries and no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
chester, delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 23 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ