Eat-in at Joe's Steaks and Soda Shop
PHILADELPHIA - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- 18millionrising.org is inviting supporters of a Philadelphia cheese steak shop to "eat-in."
The restaurant on the 6000 block of Torresdale Avenue officially changed its name to Joe's Steaks and Soda shop in April.
Owner Joe Groh decided to make a switch because many people, specifically in the Asian American community, found the old name offensive. But Groh says sadly that decision cost him some business.
Today's eat-in begins at 1:00 p.m.
philadelphia, food, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 16 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
16 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos