Eat-in at Joe's Steaks and Soda Shop
PHILADELPHIA - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- 18millionrising.org is inviting supporters of a Philadelphia cheese steak shop to "eat-in."
The restaurant on the 6000 block of Torresdale Avenue officially changed its name to Joe's Steaks and Soda shop in April.
Owner Joe Groh decided to make a switch because many people, specifically in the Asian American community, found the old name offensive. But Groh says sadly that decision cost him some business.
Today's eat-in begins at 1:00 p.m.
philadelphia, food, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 8 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 2 min ago