Body pulled from Delaware River in Northeast Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A body was pulled from the Delaware River in Northeast Philadelphia Saturday morning.
The discovery was made around 8:00 a.m. in the water in front of the Quaker City Yacht Club, located on the 7100 block of Delaware Avenue near Princeton Avenue.
The body is said to be that of a black male.
A police marine unit retrieved the body from the water.
Police are still trying to identify the victim, as well as determine a cause of death.
northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, body found, local/state
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del.
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 48 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 29 min ago
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 43 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade