Prosecutor: Man shot, killed on Asbury Park street
ASBURY PARK, N.J. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say an Asbury Park man was shot and killed on a city street, the latest in a spate of violent incidents that have plagued the Jersey Shore community this year.
Twenty-year-old Tyrell Howard was killed shortly after 10 p.m. Friday in the area of Washington Village Apartments.
Authorities have declined to provide details on the shooting, including what type of weapon was used or how many assailants may have been involved, but said they don't believe it was gang related.
Relatives tell the Asbury Park Press that Howard was just a street away from his home, at a family member's house, when the shots were fired.
No arrests have been made.
Asbury Park has seen more than two dozen shootings this year, including at least three murders.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey news, monmouth county news, jersey shore news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 1 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
55 min ago