Prosecutor: Man shot, killed on Asbury Park street
ASBURY PARK, N.J. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say an Asbury Park man was shot and killed on a city street, the latest in a spate of violent incidents that have plagued the Jersey Shore community this year.
Twenty-year-old Tyrell Howard was killed shortly after 10 p.m. Friday in the area of Washington Village Apartments.
Authorities have declined to provide details on the shooting, including what type of weapon was used or how many assailants may have been involved, but said they don't believe it was gang related.
Relatives tell the Asbury Park Press that Howard was just a street away from his home, at a family member's house, when the shots were fired.
No arrests have been made.
Asbury Park has seen more than two dozen shootings this year, including at least three murders.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey news, monmouth county news, jersey shore news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- Woman fired after tweet on AIDS in Africa... 23 min ago
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Space suit issue prompts delay of second spacewalk 7 min ago