Pottstown firefighter injured in fall down elevator shaft
POTTSTOWN, Pa. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pottstown firefighter was injured after falling down an elevator shaft during a call.
It happened just before 4:00 Saturday afternoon on the 300 block of East High Street.
Officials say firefighters were responding to a call of smoke coming from a building.
While checking out the conditions, a fireman fell about 10 feet down an elevator shaft. He was taken to West Reading Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The smoke was quickly contained. Officials say the cause was an overheated motor.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, pottstown, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 7 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 42 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 39 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 18 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
15 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
7 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
42 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
6 min ago