Pottstown firefighter injured in fall down elevator shaft
POTTSTOWN, Pa. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pottstown firefighter was injured after falling down an elevator shaft during a call.
It happened just before 4:00 Saturday afternoon on the 300 block of East High Street.
Officials say firefighters were responding to a call of smoke coming from a building.
While checking out the conditions, a fireman fell about 10 feet down an elevator shaft. He was taken to West Reading Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The smoke was quickly contained. Officials say the cause was an overheated motor.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, pottstown, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos