Mother, son reported missing while tubing found safe
TINICUM TWP., Pa. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a mother and her son, reported missing while tubing along the Delaware River, have been found safe.
Crews were called around 8:30 Saturday night to Tinicum Township, Bucks County.
The 10-year-old boy and his mother were there tubing with the woman's brother when they were reported missing.
Around 10:00 p.m., the two victims were safely found on the Hunterdon County, New Jersey side of the river. Both were wearing lifejackets.
Officials say the pair were in fair condition and were checked out by paramedics.
This comes about a week after 30-year-old Anthony Del Prete went missing while tubing in the same area. Del Prete has not yet been found.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run