Man survives near-drowning at pool in Cherry Hill
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Philadelphia man has survived a near-drowning at a swim club in Cherry Hill.
The Action Cam was at the Kingston Estates swim club in the 100 block of Deland Avenue late Saturday night.
Police say when they arrived at 10:17 p.m., 31-year-old Maurice Relaford of North Carlisle Street in Philadelphia was unconscious.
Lifeguards had already pulled him out of the pool and were performing CPR.
Medics rushed Relaford to JFK Hospital, where, according to police, emergency room doctors continued lifesaving efforts for approximately an hour and were able to revive and stabilize him.
He is now in the intensive care unit at JFK.
Police say Relaford was a guest attending a birthday party at the swim club.
new jersey news, water rescue, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 1 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos