Man survives near-drowning at pool in Cherry Hill
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Philadelphia man has survived a near-drowning at a swim club in Cherry Hill.
The Action Cam was at the Kingston Estates swim club in the 100 block of Deland Avenue late Saturday night.
Police say when they arrived at 10:17 p.m., 31-year-old Maurice Relaford of North Carlisle Street in Philadelphia was unconscious.
Lifeguards had already pulled him out of the pool and were performing CPR.
Medics rushed Relaford to JFK Hospital, where, according to police, emergency room doctors continued lifesaving efforts for approximately an hour and were able to revive and stabilize him.
He is now in the intensive care unit at JFK.
Police say Relaford was a guest attending a birthday party at the swim club.
new jersey news, water rescue, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 20 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ