Eastbound Schuylkill Expressway reopens after crashes
PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two accidents shut down the eastbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway for about half an hour Sunday morning.
The crashes happened before 8:00 a.m. Sunday between the Montgomery and Girard Avenue exits.
Two people were injured in one crash when their vehicle hit an embankment.
Medics took a 21-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
There was no information immediately available about the second crash.
The eastbound lanes were closed for about half an hour as crews transported the injured and cleared the wreckage.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Snow Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief