Eastbound Schuylkill Expressway reopens after crashes
PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two accidents shut down the eastbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway for about half an hour Sunday morning.
The crashes happened before 8:00 a.m. Sunday between the Montgomery and Girard Avenue exits.
Two people were injured in one crash when their vehicle hit an embankment.
Medics took a 21-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
There was no information immediately available about the second crash.
The eastbound lanes were closed for about half an hour as crews transported the injured and cleared the wreckage.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 19 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
19 min ago