Eastbound Schuylkill Expressway reopens after crashes
PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two accidents shut down the eastbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway for about half an hour Sunday morning.
The crashes happened before 8:00 a.m. Sunday between the Montgomery and Girard Avenue exits.
Two people were injured in one crash when their vehicle hit an embankment.
Medics took a 21-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
There was no information immediately available about the second crash.
The eastbound lanes were closed for about half an hour as crews transported the injured and cleared the wreckage.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
19 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
6 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
3 min ago