Pedestrian struck, critically injured in Cape May County
TUCKAHOE, N.J. - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian is hospitalized in critical condition after being struck by a vehicle in Upper Township, Cape May County.
It happened shortly before 3:00 Sunday morning along Route 605 in the area of Bellpain.
Upon arrival officers found Angel L. Acosta lying on the shoulder of the roadway. He was bleeding and unresponsive.
Police say Acosta was struck by a 1994 Chevy Blazer.
There were three people inside the vehicle at the time. The driver did stop at the scene.
The victim was taken to Atlantic City Medical Center in critical condition.
The driver and passengers refused treatment.
Officials continue to investigate the accident.
new jersey news, accident, pedestrian struck, cape may county news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 37 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 24 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 24 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 29 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 1 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 33 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos