Pedestrian struck, critically injured in Cape May County
TUCKAHOE, N.J. - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian is hospitalized in critical condition after being struck by a vehicle in Upper Township, Cape May County.
It happened shortly before 3:00 Sunday morning along Route 605 in the area of Bellpain.
Upon arrival officers found Angel L. Acosta lying on the shoulder of the roadway. He was bleeding and unresponsive.
Police say Acosta was struck by a 1994 Chevy Blazer.
There were three people inside the vehicle at the time. The driver did stop at the scene.
The victim was taken to Atlantic City Medical Center in critical condition.
The driver and passengers refused treatment.
Officials continue to investigate the accident.
new jersey news, accident, pedestrian struck, cape may county news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 12 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ