Pipe bursts, floods classrooms at Lincoln Technical Institute
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews are assessing the damage caused when a pipe burst, flooding classrooms at Lincoln Technical Institute.
It happened around 4:00 Sunday afternoon at the campus on the 9000 block of Torresdale Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia.
PECO and PGW crews were called to the scene.
When they arrived they found that a pipe had burst sending water into 60 percent of the rooms.
The water was turned off within the hour.
Officials say the school will be open in time for classes Monday evening.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ