Police identify 2 pedestrians struck by vehicle in Hatboro
HATBORO, Pa. - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County are investigating a deadly crash involving two pedestrians.
It was 12:17 a.m. Monday when two women, identified as Mable Cruz and Francisca Polanco of Hatboro, were struck by a vehicle at the intersection of North York Road and James Road in Hatboro.
Polanco was pronounced dead at the scene.
Cruz was rushed to Abington Memorial Hospital where she is listed in critical condition.
Authorities say they believe Cruz and Polanco were walking in the northbound lane of York Road when they were struck by the northbound vehicle.
Authorities say the vehicle operator remained at the scene after the accident and is cooperating with the investigation.
So far, no charges have been filed.
montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 44 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 17 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 37 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom