Police identify 2 pedestrians struck by vehicle in Hatboro
HATBORO, Pa. - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County are investigating a deadly crash involving two pedestrians.
It was 12:17 a.m. Monday when two women, identified as Mable Cruz and Francisca Polanco of Hatboro, were struck by a vehicle at the intersection of North York Road and James Road in Hatboro.
Polanco was pronounced dead at the scene.
Cruz was rushed to Abington Memorial Hospital where she is listed in critical condition.
Authorities say they believe Cruz and Polanco were walking in the northbound lane of York Road when they were struck by the northbound vehicle.
Authorities say the vehicle operator remained at the scene after the accident and is cooperating with the investigation.
So far, no charges have been filed.
montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman crashes into tractor trailer in Mayfair 4 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 13 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 1 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Dozens charged in alleged slip and fall scheme
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos