Hearing delayed in Upper Darby missing baby case
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A preliminary hearing is being delayed for a York man accused of kidnapping a missing baby near Philadelphia.
The York Dispatch reported that a lawyer for 30-year-old Ummad Rushdi was granted the continuance early Monday in district court in Upper Darby.
Police say they've run out of places to search for Hamza Ali, who they fear is dead.
Court records say Rushdi's brother, Jawwad, told investigators that Rushdi admitted to shaking to death Hamza and then burying him somewhere.
A prosecutor tells the paper authorities are evaluating the case against Rushdi and additional charges may be filed.
The new preliminary hearing date on the kidnapping charge is Sept. 9.
Information from: The York Dispatch, http://www.yorkdispatch.com
pennsylvania news, missing children, delaware county news, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 36 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 27 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party