NJ scuba diver found dead in Lehigh County
NAZARETH, Pa. - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania coroner says a New Jersey man died while scuba diving in Northampton County.
Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim says 38-year-old Eugene Fleysher of Saddle Brook, N.J., was diving at Dutch Springs, a former cement quarry turned diving spot in Lower Nazareth Township.
Grim says Fleysher was found unresponsive in the water Sunday and transported to St. Luke's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
An autopsy is planned Monday to determine the cause of death.
The (Easton) Express-Times says the Dutch Springs quarry lake spans 50 acres and reaches a maximum depth of about 100 feet. The site attracts about 30,000 divers a year.
lehigh county news, new jersey news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash