NJ scuba diver found dead in Lehigh County
NAZARETH, Pa. - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania coroner says a New Jersey man died while scuba diving in Northampton County.
Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim says 38-year-old Eugene Fleysher of Saddle Brook, N.J., was diving at Dutch Springs, a former cement quarry turned diving spot in Lower Nazareth Township.
Grim says Fleysher was found unresponsive in the water Sunday and transported to St. Luke's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
An autopsy is planned Monday to determine the cause of death.
The (Easton) Express-Times says the Dutch Springs quarry lake spans 50 acres and reaches a maximum depth of about 100 feet. The site attracts about 30,000 divers a year.
lehigh county news, new jersey news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 53 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 34 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son... 2 min ago
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
53 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
34 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos