Serial shoplifting suspects sought in Elsmere, Delaware
ELSMERE, Del. - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man and woman who they say have stolen merchandise from an Elsmere store on several occasions.
The latest incident happened on the morning of August 16th at the BJ's Wholesale Club located at 2131 Kirkwood Highway.
The pair allegedly removed two cameras from a display and brought the items to the rear of the store, where they removed the items from their packaging. Police say they then left the store with the merchandise.
According to police, when employees tried to stop the suspects, the pair fled to a red pickup truck with a silver tailgate and drove away.
The first suspects is described as a white male, approximately 5'10", average build, 40-50 years old, with a gray goatee. The second suspect is described as a white female, approximately 5'5", average build, 40-50 years old, with glasses.
Anyone with information in reference to this incident and/or the identity of the suspects is urged to contact police at 302-660-3799. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
delaware news, theft, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 25 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 21 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 23 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
10 min ago