Serial shoplifting suspects sought in Elsmere, Delaware
ELSMERE, Del. - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man and woman who they say have stolen merchandise from an Elsmere store on several occasions.
The latest incident happened on the morning of August 16th at the BJ's Wholesale Club located at 2131 Kirkwood Highway.
The pair allegedly removed two cameras from a display and brought the items to the rear of the store, where they removed the items from their packaging. Police say they then left the store with the merchandise.
According to police, when employees tried to stop the suspects, the pair fled to a red pickup truck with a silver tailgate and drove away.
The first suspects is described as a white male, approximately 5'10", average build, 40-50 years old, with a gray goatee. The second suspect is described as a white female, approximately 5'5", average build, 40-50 years old, with glasses.
Anyone with information in reference to this incident and/or the identity of the suspects is urged to contact police at 302-660-3799. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
delaware news, theft, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 21 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more