Philadelphia man found shot in crashed car identified
PHILADELPHIA - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released the name of a man found with a gunshot wound in a car that crashed in a Philadelphia park.
A police spokesman identified the victim as 30-year-old Lamar Brown of west Philadelphia.
Fire crews were called to Fairmount Park at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday and found a vehicle that had run off the avenue and struck a tree.
Crews freed the victim and rushed him to Hahnemann University Hospital, where the victim was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Police said emergency room doctors found a gunshot wound in Brown's neck. Investigators also found several bullet holes in the victim's badly damaged car.
They believe the gunfire occurred elsewhere and have been trying to find the shooting scene.
fairmount park, philadelphia, accident, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 42 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
42 min ago