Brothers shot in Hunting Park; 1 dead, 1 critical
HUNTING PARK - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire erupted in Hunting Park Monday night, leaving one brother dead and another critically injured.
It happened at 6:38 p.m. in the 3900 block of North Percy Street.
Police say the brothers, ages 20 and 23, drove themselves to Temple University Hospital with gunshot wounds to the chest and back.
The 20-year-old, identified as Brian Sweet from the 8200 Ditman Street, died on arrival. The 23-year-old is listed in critical condition.
Back on North Percy Street, SWAT teams surrounded a home, believing the gunman was barricaded inside.
When they entered the home after 8:00 p.m., it was empty. Police recovered a shotgun they believe was used to shoot the brothers.
Police say the shootings may be related to a stabbing that occurred in the area Sunday night.
An investigation is underway.
philadelphia, shooting, hunting park, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 58 min ago