3 teens shot, 1 killed, in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- One teen was killed and two others were hospitalized after being shot in South Philadelphia Monday night.
Officers were called at 10:07 p.m. to the 1700 block of South Taylor Street.
Police say officers arrived to find three teens, two 17 year olds and an 18 year old, wounded by gunfire.
One of the victims, 17-year-old Nasir Slaughter from the 1800 block of South Ringgold Street, had suffered a gunshot wound to the head. He was immediately transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
Both of the other victims were hospitalized in stable condition - one with a bullet wound to the back and the other having suffered a wound to the lower left leg.
One of the surviving victims told police the three friends were talking when someone started shooting at them. He said he could not tell who was doing the shooting or where the shots were coming from.
Homicide detectives are investigating.
philadelphia, shooting, south philadelphia, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
38 min ago