3 teens shot, 1 killed, in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- One teen was killed and two others were hospitalized after being shot in South Philadelphia Monday night.
Officers were called at 10:07 p.m. to the 1700 block of South Taylor Street.
Police say officers arrived to find three teens, two 17 year olds and an 18 year old, wounded by gunfire.
One of the victims, 17-year-old Nasir Slaughter from the 1800 block of South Ringgold Street, had suffered a gunshot wound to the head. He was immediately transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
Both of the other victims were hospitalized in stable condition - one with a bullet wound to the back and the other having suffered a wound to the lower left leg.
One of the surviving victims told police the three friends were talking when someone started shooting at them. He said he could not tell who was doing the shooting or where the shots were coming from.
Homicide detectives are investigating.
philadelphia, shooting, south philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases