Man critically injured in Parkside shooting
PARKSIDE - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is fighting for his life after being shot Monday night in Philadelphia's Parkside section.
It was 9:27 p.m. when officers from the 16th district responded to a report of a person with a gun and a shooting at the intersection of 41st and Ogden streets.
When police arrived, they found a 35-year-old man sitting on the front steps of a home on the 800 block of N 41st Street suffering from two gunshot wounds to his right abdomen.
The victim was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania by police where he was taken into surgery. At last check he was listed in critical condition.
There is no word on suspects or a motive at this time. Police are continuing their investigation.
parkside, philadelphia, shooting, guns, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
43 min ago