Shots fired on University of Delaware campus
NEWARK, Del. - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- University of Delaware Police are investigating a shooting at the basketball courts on the Newark campus.
Officials say an argument broke out between two men around 10:55 p.m. Monday at the crowded basketball court.
According to police, the argument escalated into a fistfight.
Then, police say, one of the men went to a parked vehicle, retrieved a weapon, and ran back toward the basketball court, where the crowd had started to disperse.
The suspect fired multiple rounds striking one parked vehicle at least twice.
Four men, including the suspect, left the scene in a silver, four-door compact sedan.
The suspect is described as a college-age black male, 6' to 6'2, with dark skin and short hair. He was wearing dark cargo shorts or cut-offs and an oversize white T-shirt.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact University of Delaware Police at 302-831-2222.
delaware news, shooting, university of delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 14 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 34 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ