Fight leads to shooting in Camden, woman killed
CAMDEN, N.J. - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed and two men were wounded after a fight escalated to a shooting in Camden, New Jersey on Monday night.
It happened before 11:00 p.m. on the 1400 block of 10th Street. Police believe that someone returned to the scene with a gun after a fight ended.
Police say Maylen Colon, 21, was shot and pronounced dead at the scene.
One of the men, a 26-year-old, was also shot and is in critical but stable condition at Cooper University Hospital.
Another man, a 23-year-old, was injured after he was hit in the head with a blunt object during the fight.
No charges have been filed as the investigation continues.
A $1,000 reward is being administered by the Citizens Crime Commission for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
To provide an anonymous tip, call the Crime Commission's Tipline at (215) 546-TIPS.
new jersey news, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station