Fight leads to shooting in Camden, woman killed
CAMDEN, N.J. - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed and two men were wounded after a fight escalated to a shooting in Camden, New Jersey on Monday night.
It happened before 11:00 p.m. on the 1400 block of 10th Street. Police believe that someone returned to the scene with a gun after a fight ended.
Police say Maylen Colon, 21, was shot and pronounced dead at the scene.
One of the men, a 26-year-old, was also shot and is in critical but stable condition at Cooper University Hospital.
Another man, a 23-year-old, was injured after he was hit in the head with a blunt object during the fight.
No charges have been filed as the investigation continues.
A $1,000 reward is being administered by the Citizens Crime Commission for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
To provide an anonymous tip, call the Crime Commission's Tipline at (215) 546-TIPS.
new jersey news, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos