Upper Darby police officer injured in crash with suspected drunk driver
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- An Upper Darby police officer is hospitalized after his vehicle was hit by a suspected drunk driver Tuesday afternoon.
The accident was reported around 5:00 p.m. at State and Miller roads in Upper Darby.
Police say the officer was responding to a call of a stolen vehicle when his patrol car was hit by another vehicle.
The officer is being treated at Delaware County Memorial Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
DUI charges are pending against the suspect.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, accident, DUI, police, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ