Lehigh Valley doctor accused of peddling pain pills
PALMERTON, Pa. - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Lehigh Valley doctor is accused of helping to peddle pain pills in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Police say Dr. Jack Manzella wrote illegal prescriptions for oxycodone to co-defendant, Robert Kosch, out of his clinic in Palmerton, Carbon County.
At one pharmacy alone, prosecutors say the pair obtained more than 10,000 pills in less than a year and a half.
Manzella is home in Allentown after posting bail.
pennsylvania news, drugs, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 51 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 19 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape