Man's body found on roadside in Reading
READING, Pa. - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a man's body along a roadside in Reading, Pa.
The discovery was made shortly after 6:00 a.m. Wednesday on the ramp from the westbound lane of Route 12.
A passing motorist saw white sneakers protruding from a clump of weeds.
Detectives say the body showed evidence of trauma. Initially, police said, it appeared the man had been shot but are waiting the findings of an autopsy to say for sure.
The man appeared to be Hispanic in his mid-20's to mid-30's. He was wearing a gray t-shirt and tan shorts.
Police say he wasn't carrying any form of identification.
So far police haven't received any reports of a missing person or any reports of gunfire overnight.
Investigators believe the man was killed somewhere else and then dumped on the side of the road.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 610-655-6116.
pennsylvania news, berks county news, reading, body found, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 43 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 10 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Police search for suspects in religious...
10 min ago