Man's body found on roadside in Reading
READING, Pa. - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a man's body along a roadside in Reading, Pa.
The discovery was made shortly after 6:00 a.m. Wednesday on the ramp from the westbound lane of Route 12.
A passing motorist saw white sneakers protruding from a clump of weeds.
Detectives say the body showed evidence of trauma. Initially, police said, it appeared the man had been shot but are waiting the findings of an autopsy to say for sure.
The man appeared to be Hispanic in his mid-20's to mid-30's. He was wearing a gray t-shirt and tan shorts.
Police say he wasn't carrying any form of identification.
So far police haven't received any reports of a missing person or any reports of gunfire overnight.
Investigators believe the man was killed somewhere else and then dumped on the side of the road.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 610-655-6116.
pennsylvania news, berks county news, reading, body found, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 13 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show