Man's body found on roadside in Reading
READING, Pa. - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a man's body along a roadside in Reading, Pa.
The discovery was made shortly after 6:00 a.m. Wednesday on the ramp from the westbound lane of Route 12.
A passing motorist saw white sneakers protruding from a clump of weeds.
Detectives say the body showed evidence of trauma. Initially, police said, it appeared the man had been shot but are waiting the findings of an autopsy to say for sure.
The man appeared to be Hispanic in his mid-20's to mid-30's. He was wearing a gray t-shirt and tan shorts.
Police say he wasn't carrying any form of identification.
So far police haven't received any reports of a missing person or any reports of gunfire overnight.
Investigators believe the man was killed somewhere else and then dumped on the side of the road.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 610-655-6116.
pennsylvania news, berks county news, reading, body found, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 19 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 35 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
21 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos