Delaware man, 74, punches woman who tried to rob him
NEWARK, Del. - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a 74-year-old man punched a woman armed with a knife who tried to rob him at an ATM.
It happened about 9:40 a.m. Monday at the Wells Fargo bank in Newark.
Troopers say the man had just withdrawn money from the ATM when a woman brandishing a knife demanded the cash he was holding.
The man punched the woman in the face.
Police say the woman ran to the man's car and punctured one of its tires.
She then fled empty handed in another car.
delaware news, new castle county news, newark, robbery, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
50 min ago