Explosion blows out window at house in Somerton; 1 injured
SOMERTON - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- An explosion at a home in the Somerton section of Philadelphia has left one man injured.
It happened just after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Foster Street.
Investigators say the 40-year-old homeowner told them he was cleaning his gas stove when he lit a cigarette.
That spark caused a flash fire that put holes in the walls and blew out the large living room window.
The debris of brick and glass landed right on the owner's car, which was in the driveway.
He suffered second degree burns to his face and hands.
He was transported to Temple University Hospital where investigators plan to speak to him more.
No other injuries were reported.
philadelphia, explosion, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
3 min ago