Driver accused of trying to run down Philadelphia police officer
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - August 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suspect is in custody after he allegedly tried to run down a Philadelphia police officer Wednesday night.
The officer was on a bike when the incident occurred around 9:30 p.m. near 25th and Diamond Street.
Police say the driver in a Pontiac vehicle tried to run the officer down.
The officer was unhurt and the suspect stopped and was taken into custody.
Police are trying to sort out all the details.
police, philadelphia, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police