Teen voluntarily reports to jail after killing jogger
ROYERSFORD, Pa. - August 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County teenager accused of fatally striking a jogger while behind the wheel, has voluntarily reported to jail.
18-year-old Justin Jackson is charged in a deadly crash that killed jogger, Merinda Thompson.
Prosecutors say Jackson had marijuana in his system and was texting while driving when he struck the woman in Royersford back in March.
Jackson's lawyer says the teen is filled with remorse, and can no longer stand to sit at home awaiting trial.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, accident, DUI, homicide, texting, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 6 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 57 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
19 min ago