Teen voluntarily reports to jail after killing jogger
ROYERSFORD, Pa. - August 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County teenager accused of fatally striking a jogger while behind the wheel, has voluntarily reported to jail.
18-year-old Justin Jackson is charged in a deadly crash that killed jogger, Merinda Thompson.
Prosecutors say Jackson had marijuana in his system and was texting while driving when he struck the woman in Royersford back in March.
Jackson's lawyer says the teen is filled with remorse, and can no longer stand to sit at home awaiting trial.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, accident, DUI, homicide, texting, local/state
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 9 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers 11 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Snow Ball 2013: Eagles vs. Lions 49 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 14 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Widener U. students help stuck drivers
11 min ago