Buildings evacuated during fire in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Several buildings were evacuated during a fire in Wilmington, Delaware on Thursday.
The fire was reported shortly before noon at Gross Lighting at 201 West 4th Street.
Nearby buildings, including the Wilmington Campus of Delaware Technical and Community College, were evacuated as the fire went to two alarms.
The fire was placed under control at 2:06 p.m.
Fire officials say the building had been condemned and deemed uninhabitable by the Department of License and Inspection in 2012.
No civilian injuries were reported. Two firefighters sustained minor, non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Wilmington Hospital for treatment.
An investigation into the cause of the fire continues.
delaware news, wilmington, fire, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 28 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 43 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 28 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 23 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
43 min ago