Buildings evacuated during fire in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Several buildings were evacuated during a fire in Wilmington, Delaware on Thursday.
The fire was reported shortly before noon at Gross Lighting at 201 West 4th Street.
Nearby buildings, including the Wilmington Campus of Delaware Technical and Community College, were evacuated as the fire went to two alarms.
The fire was placed under control at 2:06 p.m.
Fire officials say the building had been condemned and deemed uninhabitable by the Department of License and Inspection in 2012.
No civilian injuries were reported. Two firefighters sustained minor, non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Wilmington Hospital for treatment.
An investigation into the cause of the fire continues.
delaware news, wilmington, fire, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed