Buildings evacuated during fire in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Several buildings were evacuated during a fire in Wilmington, Delaware on Thursday.
The fire was reported shortly before noon at Gross Lighting at 201 West 4th Street.
Nearby buildings, including the Wilmington Campus of Delaware Technical and Community College, were evacuated as the fire went to two alarms.
The fire was placed under control at 2:06 p.m.
Fire officials say the building had been condemned and deemed uninhabitable by the Department of License and Inspection in 2012.
No civilian injuries were reported. Two firefighters sustained minor, non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Wilmington Hospital for treatment.
An investigation into the cause of the fire continues.
delaware news, wilmington, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 31 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 57 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ