Lehigh University student found dead off-campus
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - August 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say an eastern Pennsylvania college student has been found dead off-campus.
In an email to students, Lehigh University officials say 19-year-old Hanlon MacDonald was found dead Thursday evening in her off-campus student apartment in Bethlehem.
Officials say MacDonald was a junior bio-engineering major from Albany, New York, and a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority.
The Northampton County coroner tells WFMZ-TV her death does not appear to be suspicious. An autopsy has been scheduled.
The university is offering its condolences to MacDonald's family and friends. Officials say counselors will be available to talk to students in need of support.
college, bethlehem news, lehigh county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 56 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 33 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 25 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 29 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 18 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
20 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
38 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
35 min ago