Couple shot while walking home in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - August 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man and woman were wounded after someone opened fire in the city's West Oak Lane section late Thursday night.
Police say the couple, both in their 30's, were heading home from dinner around 11:30 p.m. on the 2100 block of 66th Avenue.
The man was shot in the leg and the woman was shot twice in the back.
They managed to run into a house after they were hit.
Both victims were rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center where they are listed in stable condition.
At this point, it does not appear that the victims knew the shooter.
There is no word yet on any suspects or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower