Couple shot while walking home in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - August 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man and woman were wounded after someone opened fire in the city's West Oak Lane section late Thursday night.
Police say the couple, both in their 30's, were heading home from dinner around 11:30 p.m. on the 2100 block of 66th Avenue.
The man was shot in the leg and the woman was shot twice in the back.
They managed to run into a house after they were hit.
Both victims were rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center where they are listed in stable condition.
At this point, it does not appear that the victims knew the shooter.
There is no word yet on any suspects or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 27 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 12 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in White Marsh 13 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
12 min ago