Teen critical following shooting in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - August 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager is hospitalized in critical condition after a shooting in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
It was around 12:30 a.m. when the 18-year-old victim was found with a gunshot wound to the stomach on the 5000 block of Jackson Street.
He was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police believe the victim was shot at another location.
So far, there is no word on suspects or a motive.
northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad