4 displaced by fire in Merchantville, New Jersey
MERCHANTVILLE, N.J. - August 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a firefighter was injured battling a store blaze in Merchantville, New Jersey early Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. on the 100 block of South Center Street.
Crews were called to the scene of a store with apartments above on fire.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital after pulling a muscle.
Four residents from the apartments were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
The fire appears to have started in the store area, officials say.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, new jersey news, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 6 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 42 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 55 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep