Missing vehicle found after carjacking in Darby
DARBY, Pa. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a vehicle carjacked in Darby on Friday, which triggered a response from Homeland Security, was found early Saturday morning.
That vehicle, from Cardinal Health, was found in the 1900 block of Ithan Street in Philadelphia.
The white car was used to transport radioactive medical waste held in containers. The driver had at least three pick-ups on Friday.
In the early hours of the investigation, the Department of Homeland Security was notified because of the nature of the material in the car.
However, officials later said the material was not hazardous.
Officers say the vehicle was found Saturday morning parallel parked and the containers were still inside.
An armed suspect with an accomplice driving a black Pontiac Bonneville held the driver at gunpoint Friday afternoon in the 200 block of Mill Street in Darby, carjacking his company-issued 2013 white Toyota Matrix.
Police are still seeking the suspects in this case.
pennsylvania news, darby, delaware county news, philadelphia, carjacking, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 10 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 39 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 37 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 59 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos