Missing vehicle found after carjacking in Darby
DARBY, Pa. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a vehicle carjacked in Darby on Friday, which triggered a response from Homeland Security, was found early Saturday morning.
That vehicle, from Cardinal Health, was found in the 1900 block of Ithan Street in Philadelphia.
The white car was used to transport radioactive medical waste held in containers. The driver had at least three pick-ups on Friday.
In the early hours of the investigation, the Department of Homeland Security was notified because of the nature of the material in the car.
However, officials later said the material was not hazardous.
Officers say the vehicle was found Saturday morning parallel parked and the containers were still inside.
An armed suspect with an accomplice driving a black Pontiac Bonneville held the driver at gunpoint Friday afternoon in the 200 block of Mill Street in Darby, carjacking his company-issued 2013 white Toyota Matrix.
Police are still seeking the suspects in this case.
pennsylvania news, darby, delaware county news, philadelphia, carjacking, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 50 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 52 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 56 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 58 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 33 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 54 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
50 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
52 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
56 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
24 min ago