Missing vehicle found after carjacking in Darby
DARBY, Pa. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a vehicle carjacked in Darby on Friday, which triggered a response from Homeland Security, was found early Saturday morning.
That vehicle, from Cardinal Health, was found in the 1900 block of Ithan Street in Philadelphia.
The white car was used to transport radioactive medical waste held in containers. The driver had at least three pick-ups on Friday.
In the early hours of the investigation, the Department of Homeland Security was notified because of the nature of the material in the car.
However, officials later said the material was not hazardous.
Officers say the vehicle was found Saturday morning parallel parked and the containers were still inside.
An armed suspect with an accomplice driving a black Pontiac Bonneville held the driver at gunpoint Friday afternoon in the 200 block of Mill Street in Darby, carjacking his company-issued 2013 white Toyota Matrix.
Police are still seeking the suspects in this case.
pennsylvania news, darby, delaware county news, philadelphia, carjacking, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 36 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 56 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom