Missing vehicle found after carjacking in Darby
DARBY, Pa. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a vehicle carjacked in Darby on Friday, which triggered a response from Homeland Security, was found early Saturday morning.
That vehicle, from Cardinal Health, was found in the 1900 block of Ithan Street in Philadelphia.
The white car was used to transport radioactive medical waste held in containers. The driver had at least three pick-ups on Friday.
In the early hours of the investigation, the Department of Homeland Security was notified because of the nature of the material in the car.
However, officials later said the material was not hazardous.
Officers say the vehicle was found Saturday morning parallel parked and the containers were still inside.
An armed suspect with an accomplice driving a black Pontiac Bonneville held the driver at gunpoint Friday afternoon in the 200 block of Mill Street in Darby, carjacking his company-issued 2013 white Toyota Matrix.
Police are still seeking the suspects in this case.
pennsylvania news, darby, delaware county news, philadelphia, carjacking, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 55 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 9 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 2 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act