Man found shot in the head in Trenton ID'd
TRENTON, N.J. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say 26-year-old Jafar Lewis was found shot in the head in Trenton, New Jersey Friday night.
The incident happened just before 9:30 p.m. at Brunswick Avenue and Middle Rose Street.
According to police, Lewis was in a car with some other people when an argument broke out between him and the suspect who was alongside him in another car.
Both of the men got out of their vehicles and shots rang out, police say.
The victim was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead early Saturday.
Police are searching for the suspect who fled the scene.
Lewis is the 31st victim killed in Trenton this year. His murder ties the record set in 2005 for the most homicides in a year.
shooting, trenton, new jersey news, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 40 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!