Argument sparks stabbing of woman in Kensington
PHILADELPHIA - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman is fighting for her life after being stabbed in the city's Kensington section early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of East Allegheny Avenue.
Action News was told that the two woman were arguing when it became physical and one pulled out a knife.
Police say a 37-year-old woman was stabbed eight times in the chest and neck.
She then staggered around the block looking for help before collapsing in the 200 block of East Wishart Street.
Medics rushed her to Temple Hospital and she is listed in critical condition.
Police arrested a 47-year-old woman a short time later and she faces numerous charges.
The names of the victim and suspect have not been released.
stabbing, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia 56 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash
- Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
55 min ago