Argument sparks stabbing of woman in Kensington
PHILADELPHIA - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman is fighting for her life after being stabbed in the city's Kensington section early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of East Allegheny Avenue.
Action News was told that the two woman were arguing when it became physical and one pulled out a knife.
Police say a 37-year-old woman was stabbed eight times in the chest and neck.
She then staggered around the block looking for help before collapsing in the 200 block of East Wishart Street.
Medics rushed her to Temple Hospital and she is listed in critical condition.
Police arrested a 47-year-old woman a short time later and she faces numerous charges.
The names of the victim and suspect have not been released.
stabbing, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 11 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 7 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 2 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million