Argument sparks stabbing of woman in Kensington
PHILADELPHIA - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman is fighting for her life after being stabbed in the city's Kensington section early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of East Allegheny Avenue.
Action News was told that the two woman were arguing when it became physical and one pulled out a knife.
Police say a 37-year-old woman was stabbed eight times in the chest and neck.
She then staggered around the block looking for help before collapsing in the 200 block of East Wishart Street.
Medics rushed her to Temple Hospital and she is listed in critical condition.
Police arrested a 47-year-old woman a short time later and she faces numerous charges.
The names of the victim and suspect have not been released.
stabbing, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ