Glasses that could be missing teacher Matthew Greene's found
August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A California hiker has recovered a pair of eyeglasses that might belong to a Pennsylvania teacher who's been missing in the Eastern Sierra for more than a month.
The sister of 39-year-old Matthew Greene says a hiker found the glasses hanging on a sign at a trailhead near the Inyo Craters region of the Eastern Sierra.
The glasses have been turned over to the Mammoth Lakes Police Department, which is investigating Greene's disappearance.
Tiffany Minto said Saturday that the glasses look "strikingly similar" to the ones worn by her brother.
She says his optometrist has provided information about his prescription in hopes of helping police confirm the glasses are Greene's.
Greene's disappearance in mid-July has baffled friends and family who call him a highly experienced, cautious outdoorsman.
teachers, california, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 19 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 13 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 40 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
19 min ago