Glasses that could be missing teacher Matthew Greene's found
August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A California hiker has recovered a pair of eyeglasses that might belong to a Pennsylvania teacher who's been missing in the Eastern Sierra for more than a month.
The sister of 39-year-old Matthew Greene says a hiker found the glasses hanging on a sign at a trailhead near the Inyo Craters region of the Eastern Sierra.
The glasses have been turned over to the Mammoth Lakes Police Department, which is investigating Greene's disappearance.
Tiffany Minto said Saturday that the glasses look "strikingly similar" to the ones worn by her brother.
She says his optometrist has provided information about his prescription in hopes of helping police confirm the glasses are Greene's.
Greene's disappearance in mid-July has baffled friends and family who call him a highly experienced, cautious outdoorsman.
teachers, california, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes 53 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos