Police seize weapons after Obama visit to Scranton, Pennsylvania
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania police say they seized ammunition and weapons at a home about 10 miles away from where President Barack Obama made a public appearance, and that the Secret Service detained a man who made threats.
The Scranton Times-Tribune reports that local police served a warrant Friday afternoon on behalf of the Secret Service.
Clarks Summit Borough Police Chief Joe Laguzzi says a man made threats via email in recent weeks, and that weapons and ammunition were seized from the duplex home at 328 Melrose Ave. That's just outside Scranton.
Laguzzi says the tenant was a renter who isn't from the area. Laguzzi says the man was taken into custody by the Secret Service on Thursday, but his name hasn't been released.
president barack obama, scranton, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 25 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 32 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
56 min ago