Body recovered from Christina River identified
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The body found in the Christina River on Saturday morning has been identified.
Investigators say the body of Bertram W. Downes, 27, of New Castle, was recovered from the water near the 600 block of South Justison Street.
Police say the discovery of Downes' body came just a few days after an emergency call about someone struggling in the river.
A search was launched after that incident on August 22nd, but nothing was found.
Police say they have ruled out foul play in Downes' death but, for now, don't know exactly how he died or why he was in the river.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990.
delaware news, wilmington, body found, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 6 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower